I skipped doing this list last year, partly because I was swamped with work and life, but mostly because I didn’t want to admit that Taylor Swift’s 1989 is my favorite album of 2014. (There’s no shame in admitting that now though.)
Still am swamped this 2015, but I figure, what the hell.
Here are my top ten records for the year that was.
10. I Love You, Honeybear by Father John Misty
9. Simple Songs by Jim O’Rourke
8. b’lieve i’m goin down by Kurt Vile
7. Carrie & Lowell by Sufjan Stevens
6. 1989 by Ryan Adams
5. Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit by Courtney Barnett
4. Return to the Moon by EL VY
3. E•MO•TION by Carly Rae Jepsen
2. Natalie Prass by Natalie Prass
1. To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar